Professional Services Manager
Join a growing Pacific Northwest company and begin contributing immediately using your project management and customer relations skills. As the Professional Services Manager you will be responsible for leading a team of professional service engineers who conduct new customer installations of our in-house developed warehouse management software, manifest and shipping software, as well as vendor managed inventory systems. You will help guide customer projects, warehouse process planning, and scheduling with our professional service engineers. Also oversee on-site or remote customer training, software and hardware installation through systems go-live.
This position requires a proven ability to perform hands-on, in person system configuration, installation and training of complex software. Effective project management, organizational, and communication skills, both internally and externally, are essential. Inspiring the best in employee performance, leading by example, and follow-through are critical to success. The position also requires the right technical/engineering experience to understand client processes, what they are wanting to achieve, and discuss and apply solutions that best meet their needs. A qualified applicant will be personable, confident, and have a professional demeanor.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Guide Professional Services Team through an engineering discovery process to refine customer’s business and implementation objectives.
- Coordinate the development of project plans which embrace customer requirements.
- Partner with the executive team to manage project schedules and customer expectations.
- Advise customers on the configuration of the system to support their business practices
- Lead teams in working through customer implementation challenges and opportunities.
- Primary escalation for professional services engineers with system configuration and troubleshooting ofsoftware and hardware.
- Oversee the development of customer-specific training system documentation.
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable with traveling (10 – 30%, as needed).
- Ability to produce documentation.
- Manage 4-6 implementation professionals including staff meetings, one-on-ones, annual reviews, etc.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has supervisory responsibilities.