Application Support Specialist
Join the market leader for software in the flat glass industry and solution provider for window and door manufacturers. We develop ERP, PPS and optimization solutions to help our customers drive efficiency and productivity in their manufacturing facilities. We have been active on the market for more than 40 years and we sell our products worldwide. Additionally, we offer a complementary portfolio of software solutions for transportation management, material optimization, supply chain management, wholesale management and multichannel retail management including ecommerce.
Company is a division of Constellation Software Inc., the largest and the most successful software company in Canada over the last 10 years [TSX:CSU]. A+W Software is in a unique position as it has the long-term and full backing of Constellation Software, including access to their best practices and career opportunities.
We are seeking a thoughtful, curious and results driven Application Support Specialist. The individual in this role will be part of the A+W end-user customer support team, responsible for providing an excellent experience to our customers by troubleshooting and resolving application issues with a sense of urgency.
What you’ll be doing:
- Accurately and proactively creating, following-up on and resolving customer tickets through our internal ticketing system.
- Testing and reproducing client issues in non-production environments to determine root problems and support resolution.
- Identifying and collaborating with internal A+W staff to escalate issues appropriately while still providing timely customer follow-up.
- Creating and documenting new procedures when standard procedures have failed, ensuring issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Establish positive client relationships during engagement for high client satisfaction, and quick deployment
- Diagnosing and resolving routine yet complex technical and production issues.
- Demonstrate willingness to accept new responsibilities
- Manage and submit progress reports as per organizational guidelines.
- Managing customer record integrity by being detail-oriented.
We are looking for candidates with:
Technical skill set
- Strong analytical skills (in depth troubleshooting skills)
- Communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- Simultaneously manage various tasks effectively and proactively.
- Knowledge in Database (Mainly Microsoft SQL server) including the ability to run and build SQL queries
- Good basic knowledge of current MS operating systems
– in addition basic networking knowledge is highly recommended
– FTP and remote desktop usage
- ERP/PPS systems
Communication skill set
- Ability to document/outline issues and requests in writing including all technical aspects
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow through the troubleshooting process from start to finish including communication to customer and development or co workers
Character trait set:
- Team player
- Up beat positive attitude towards coworkers and customers
- Strong will to learn and grow
- Well spoken
Industry / Production Experience (advantageous, but not mandatory)
- Flat Glass/Windows/Fenestration industry back round
- Production driven environment
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a computer science (or similar education/experience combination)
- MSSQL scripting (1-2 years).
- Working within Windows Server environments 2008 and above (1-2 years).
- Using trouble-ticketing system (1-2 years).
- Implementing applications within a Virtual Environment (1-2 years).
- Diagnosing and resolving application errors via remote tools such as TeamViewer or similar.
- Competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package
- Be part of a global leader of premium software designed for the flat glass, window, and door industries
- Opportunity to travel